-
February 13th, 2002, 05:40 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I sure hope we can't/don't do better than that. The last thing we need is to part with a talented young pitcher in exchange for a "position player" who is a butcher at every position he supposedly plays.
------------------
-
February 13th, 2002, 06:56 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Does hart like Drew ? We could send him. I would depending on Catalanotto's contract status. What is it >?
------------------
-
February 13th, 2002, 07:13 PM
#3
Inactive Member
kaiser,
Unless the updated recently...that is an old rumor and my guess it won't happen. Hart already has an abundance of "arms" and Wright is not exactly going to drop the Team ERA half a run, so why bother?
------------------
-
February 14th, 2002, 01:01 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Unfortunately the site that has the contract info has disappeared. But I would give up any pitcher on the staff except Colon and CC for the Cat. He is a pure hitter. And we really dont have a left fielder.
Did Alex die or get married or something?
------------------
-
February 14th, 2002, 02:09 AM
#5
HB Forum Moderator
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Genius:
Did Alex die or get married or something?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
death and marriage in the same breathe ...hmmmm.
------------------
Alex
-
February 14th, 2002, 04:56 AM
#6
Inactive Member
What is this? ESPN Rumour Central lists a possible Jamey Wright for Catalanotto trade. A 27 year old, 11-12, 4.9ERA pitcher for a .330 hitter.
For the love of all that's Holy, we can do better than that. If that's all they want we could make something work.
------------------
-
February 14th, 2002, 07:46 AM
#7
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Genius:
Unfortunately the site that has the contract info has disappeared. But I would give up any pitcher on the staff except Colon and CC for the Cat. He is a pure hitter. And we really dont have a left fielder.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Here is the best site I've found for contract information. It's oriented toward the Red Sox but has most players contracts but not all. Of course Catalanotto is one they don't have. They keep the site updated pretty well. http://www.bluemanc.demon.co.uk/base...bcontracts.htm
I would add Baez and Wickman to that list of pitchers I would not give up. I also like the Cat a lot. LF though is the only position he should play, at least regularly.
------------------
-
February 14th, 2002, 08:05 AM
#8
Inactive Member
He's played 4 fullish seasons and a little bit of 5th.
I guess this puts him in the arbitration zone and not too far from FA. DOnt know if he has a multiyear deal.
------------------
-
February 14th, 2002, 01:21 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Cats two best positions are first base and DH , Thome and Burks have those positions covered. I would give Nagy or Finley for him but that is about it.
------------------Catalanotto knows how to use the opposite field and can drive balls into the gaps. He has improved at pulling pitches. He also showed more patience in 2000, more than doubling his 1999 walk total with 33 last summer. He ran better than the Rangers expected until leg-muscle woes limited him. His defense was below average, as he struggled with footwork problems at second base and difficulties making the throws from third. First base is his best position, but the Rangers are stocked there.
[This message has been edited by srg (edited February 14, 2002).]
-
February 15th, 2002, 12:31 AM
#10
Inactive Member
Excellent site, TR! thanks
------------------
Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks